Search This Blog


Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Aqualani to stay at liverpool?

ALBERTO AQUILANI has vowed to stay at Liverpool and repay the club for their faith in him.

The Italian midfielder's first season at Anfield was a disappointment following his £17million move from Roma last summer.
An ankle injury stopped him making his debut until late October and he made just 13 starts all season as Liverpool failed to qualify for the Champions League for the first time since 2003.
His lack of appearances made some believe there was truth in the rumours he would make a swift return to Italy with Juventus.
But Aquilani, 25, vowed he is determined to stay and prove his worth to Reds boss Rafa Benitez.
He said: "I am staying at Liverpool to make up for many things. I have finally recovered from my ankle injury.
"Juve have approached me in the past and now I'm reading of their interest, but I really don't know anything about it."

No comments:

Post a Comment